Total Pageviews

Friday, March 11, 2011

Extraordinary- Nancy Werlin

Too Teenage Faerie for Me
Extraordinary is a book with a good message about friendship and believing in your self, if you pretend it’s not about faeries. I can’t really say I enjoyed this book. It’s a good book for young adults but not one that translates well for adults. 
Phoebe, the protagnist, is a young Jewish-American girl whose becomes best friends with a fairy, Mallory, who is sent by the faerie queen to bring Phoebe to them to repay an ancestor’s debt. When they become friends and Mallory is not completing the task, her brother, Ryland, is sent in to finish it. 
The message is great, never let anyone make you feel bad about who you are, never let a guy emotionally abuse you (even if he is a faerie), and friendship is true. Alas, I still could not find enjoyment in this book. The faerie aspect of the story distracted me from the plot and the teenager talk made me feel like I couldn’t relate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment